Traveling from the Philippines to France during the COVID-19 pandemic
A mandatory “PCR SWAB Test”
The PCR Test is a sample test from each nostril and mouth to tell whether or not you have Co-Vid19
When to take the test ?
According to the airline, between 72h to 96 hours before the flight otherwise invalid! Check with your airline by email.
Please note: if the test date is too early, you will not be able to enter the airport or board the plane. You will have to repeat a test under your load.
How much does the Test cost and who pays ?
The tests in the Philippines are all paid and expensive! They are not covered by the state or social security. The tests are at your personal expense.
At the hospital between 5.5k to 7k pesos (between € 96 and € 125)
Public clinic – same price
Private Clinic around 7.5k (over 130 €)
Home service = 2-3K supplements depending on services (+ around 50 €)
The results take between 3 to 5 days to arrive .. it is not easy to make an appointment with medical establishments because the majority are inundated by daily calls for potential cases and not travelers. The ideal is to find a private clinic that offers responsive services.
Do you have any contacts/References?
Hospitals / Public Clinics
ASEAN Hospital (Alabang, Muntinlupa City)
Hi-Precision (https://www.hi-precision.com.ph) (open half day – call very early in the morning for response)
Our advice? Avoid hospitals. High risk location and no guarantee of results on time (between 3 to 5 days and no priority)
Rather make an appointment with a private clinic nearby and invest in home service to ensure safety and support to ensure results arrive on time
We personally did a test via Dr Jorel Carlito who has his OAMCP Medical Clinic 2462 Urdaneta st Guadalupe Nuevo Makati City
And offers home service at an additional cost.
If interested, send a DM to @heyoleah or email email@example.com
- Professional team and handles well
- Guaranteed result in 2 days sent by e-mail!
- You will receive your official results by email to present once inside the airport before check-in
Plan to arrive at the airport 3 hours before your flight for
- Check-In (if not done online)
- Luggage deposit
In advance, better prepared and less stress!
What to wear ?
A mask and visor are mandatory at the airport and even on the plane
Gloves and PPE coverall are optional
- Check in online to save time and opt for perks like choosing seats.
- Fill out and print all the documents and forms to arrive on French territory
- “Attestation de déplacement dérogatoire vers la France métropolitaine”
- Download document here (available both in French & English) https://www.interieur.gouv.fr/Actualites/L-actu-du-Ministere/Attestation-de-deplacement-et-de-voyage
- Have spare masks and gloves in your handbag
- If you are a person at high risk (children, seniors), plan a snack meal (sandwich) and avoid overcrowded places.
Once on French territory, customs will ask you to present the PCR Test results document and your previously completed certificates on the plane.
No self-quarantine required in France.
This information is current as of September 16, 2020 – and is subject to change
For any other information:
Please consult the website of the French Embassy Ministère de l’Europe et des Affaires Etrangères (click here) and Filipino French Embassy ‘s website : https://ph.ambafrance.org