Practical information before going to the Philippines
To leave peacefully on vacation in the Philippines, you must prepare your trip in advance. Indeed, a trip to Southeast Asia has to be organized, especially if it is your first trip to these countries. So here is some practical information before going to the Philippines!
Besides, you should look for good tips on any travel and road trip blog that you will find on the internet. In addition, you can ask your travel agency to advise you based on the practices of their previous customers.
Finally, travel planning should include:
- Travel insurance and health insurance in case of medical expenses
- Flight reservations and airfare
- Compulsory vaccination
- Visa application if necessary
- Papers to take for entry formalities: bank card, passports,
- The planning of itineraries and journeys: temples, cruises, national park, taxis, car rental, accommodation…
Thus, you can leave serenely for your first trip to the Philippines.
What papers to travel to the Philippine archipelago?
At first glance, the mandatory administrative formalities are not numerous. In fact, you must have your passport up to date and valid for at least 6 months after the date of return. Likewise, you must have your return ticket to certify that you will not stay in the Philippines for several years. In fact, if you are staying for less than 30 days, you will not need a visa. In addition, a stay of more than 30 days requires:
- Extend the visa exemption for an additional 29 days on site
- Obtain a tourist visa
Finally, you won’t have to get vaccinated to get there, not even the hepatitis A and C vaccines.
When to go to the Philippines and for how long?
In principle, preparing for your trip to the Philippines requires choosing the right season. Thus, you can fully enjoy the landscapes and paradisiacal beaches. So, you can choose to go on a trip:
- Beginning of December to beginning of June: you must avoid the rainy season from July to November. So you can organize a trip during the most favorable months (from December to May).
- 2 weeks minimum: you must take into account the minimum 14 hours by plane from Paris, the time spent in transport … Thus, you must allow yourself time to be able to discover the countries, the big cities …
Finally, you need to plan your budget for the trip. Indeed, you will spend more in tourist mode: 5-star all-inclusive hotel, guide, cruises …
Which route to choose during your trip to the Philippines?
In a backpack or with a small suitcase, your itinerary cannot include the 7000 islands of the country. Thus, you can get off the beaten track to discover the must-sees: the jungle, the beaches, the volcanoes, the rice fields, the caves, the canyons, the waterfalls and the mountains.
In addition, you can discover the culture and traditions of backpackers …
- Manila or Cebu city: compulsory passage because of the biggest airports in the country
- Luzon: Banaue, Batad and Sagada: north of Manila offer magnificent landscapes and rice fields. Also you can trek there
- Cebu Island: you can scuba dive in Moalboal, Oslob, Kawasan Falls, Malapascua …
- Palawan: Coron, Port Barton and El Nido: the black mountains surrounded by turquoise blue lagoon and the most beautiful white sand beaches…
- Visayas: Bohol and Siquijor: to discover the Chocolate Hills and the island
- Apo Island or Apo Reef: tiny island to discover for the seabed, turtles, rays, sharks …
- Donsol: to see whale sharks in their natural environment
- Siargao: waves, palm trees, fishing and lazing around in the lagoons for surf enthusiasts